[R-sig-eco] option --enable-R-shlib

Ivailo ubuntero.9161 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 11:26:42 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 7:05 AM, Michel Rapinski <mrapi090 at uottawa.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How can I check if my the R program that I've installed is compiled with
> the option --enable-R-shlib?

Michel,

You can check this by using the command "ldd /usr/lib/R/bin/exec/R".
If "libR.so" (the shared R library) appears in the resulting list,
then you have R built with " --enable-R-shlib".

> And, if need be, how do I enable that option?

If needed, you can enable this option during the build process by
passing the option, e.g. ./config --enable-R-shlib, just before make.

Hope this helps,
Ivailo
--
UBUNTU: a person is a person through other persons.