[R-sig-eco] creating a pixel image

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 16:11:17 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm not quite clear on what you want; see below.

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Kátia Emidio <kat.emidio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Someone could help me in create a pixel image using  the SPATSTAT Package?

spatstat doesn't deal with pixel images (raster?) but instead with
point pattern objects. If that's what you want, ?ppp will get you
started.

> Attached there is a sample from my data. The column names are (x and y
> coordinates, and elevation (alt_m).
> Thanks

You don't provide either enough data or enough information for me to
be able to know whether your data are gridded or not. If so, this will
work for creating a SpatialGridDataFrame:

library(sp)
coordinates(mydata) <- ~X+Y

But I'm not sure if that's what you want: what are you trying to do,
and what do your data represent?

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee