[R-sig-eco] Problem with R2WinBUGS packages

Bob O'Hara bohara at senckenberg.de
Sun Jan 22 22:57:30 CET 2012

On 01/22/2012 05:50 PM, sergio vignali wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem with the R2WinBUGS package,
> when I run the bugs() function with the argument debug=TRUE, WinBUGS
> executes the calculations
> but R is blocked, instead with the option debug=FALSE it is all ok!
> Is there anybody who can help me?
>
> Sergio Vignali

Uwe Ligges (ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de) is the maintainer. But
isn't this expected behaviour? The help says

debug     if FALSE (default), WinBUGS is closed automatically when the
script has fin-
                ished running, otherwise WinBUGS remains open for
further investigation

IIRC, you just need to close WinBUGS, and it'll return to R.

You only need to use debug=T if BUGS is trapping or throwing errors (and
have fun understanding the traps).

Bob

--
Bob O'Hara

Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre
Senckenberganlage 25
D-60325 Frankfurt am Main,
Germany

Tel: +49 69 798 40216