[R-sig-eco] non-metric MDS comparison - vegan vs. ecodist packages

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 16:52:43 CET 2012

The two packages use slightly different stress calculations. Please see the
documentation for each for details.

Also, note that nmds() is bare-bones, and relies on the user to offer
the correct data, while the vegan function performs scaling and other
transformations by default. The two ordinations you performed are
not equivalent. Again, you'll need to consult the vegan documentation.

Sarah

Sarah Goslee
http://www.stringpage.com
http://www.sarahgoslee.com