[R-sig-eco] nmds

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 18:11:04 CET 2012

Without knowing which of the many nmds() functions out there
you're using:

NMDS doesn't have dependent and independent variables. Can
you explain further what you're trying to do?

The stress should be interpreted according to the documentation of
the particular function you're using, since there are several ways to
calculate it. In general, high stress is bad (here as in so many places).

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org