[R-sig-eco] Problem with function iucn_summary() of taxize package, returning error in strsplit()

Augusto Ribas ribas.aca at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 20:15:18 CET 2012

Hello

I'm using the package taxize and was trying to use the function
iucn_summary() but it work perfectly  with the examples, but when i
try another name i receive the error msg:

#####
> iucn_summary("Molossus currentium")
Erro em strsplit(pop, split = ":") : argumento modo não caractere
######

My r is in Portuguese, but it say argument mode not a character.

I checked this specie on iucn site and its there, dunno what is the problem.

the examples i cite are:

#
library(taxize)

iucn_summary("Lynx lynx")

iucn_summary("aaaa")

iucn_summary("Molossus currentium")
#

first two work properly, but the third give an error.. i have no idea
of what i'm doing wrong.

I'm using ubunto here, with R 2.15.2 from emacs.

Thanks for the attention.

--
Grato
Augusto C. A. Ribas