[R-sig-eco] constrained random walk within a convex polygon

Rogowski, David david.rogowski at ttu.edu
Mon Aug 6 20:35:36 CEST 2012

I am trying to create a constrained random walk model to simulate a snail's movement to use as a control to test against actual snail movement. I am testing whether a snail selects for a certain depth within a convex polygon aquarium (28 x 560 x 220 x 608mm) with 608 mm being the diagonal and the bottom of the aquarium.

Has anyone written code for this type of problem that they would be willing to share? I can code for a random walk and confine it to a rectangle but am kind of at a loss as to how to constrain the walk in regards to a diagonal.

Thanks,

david

David Rogowski

david.rogowski at ttu.edu