[R-sig-eco] Unifrac distance matrix with dbRDA in Vegan

Migun Shakya microbeatic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 16:28:03 CEST 2012

Hi all,
     There has been few publications in microbial ecology recently
that have successfully used UniFrac distance matrix with dbRDA, but i
have failed to find the clear idea on tools or R package that they
have used. I know there is a capscale function in vegan that does
dbRDA or CAP (Constrained Analysis of Principal Coordinates). I used
this function to analyze my data with unifrac distance, but I am
concerned as I couldnt find anything validating the use of unifrac
distance metrics with capscale function of vegan.

If anybody have experience on using capscale with unifrac or know of
any other packages that does this well would be great.

Thank you

Migee