[R-sig-eco] "lack of fit" computation from LME model?

Gavin Simpson gavin.simpson at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Sep 27 22:11:38 CEST 2011

Hi Laura,

You might want to look at the lmmfit package:

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/library/lmmfit/html/lmmfit-package.html

which has several such measures (well, goodness of fit) for models with
one grouping variable.

You might get more traction on the R Mixed Models SIG.

I often wonder (knowing nothing about this particular topic) about the
merit of "test". Surely if the linearity assumption of the model you
fitted is not appropriate, this will show up in the model residuals as
patterns/curves. This would be part of a standard model evaluation
anyway.

HTH