[R-sig-eco] error produced when using function mle2()

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 01:39:47 CET 2011

lgj200306 <lgj200306 at ...> writes:

> Thanks Scott, Matteo and Mollie very much.
> My function is a little complicated, and composed by several sub-functions,
> so I did not attach it in the
> previcous mail. I will check  and try to simplify it, and
> then try more initial values.
> Thanks very much for your attention and best wishes for you!

  As the author of mle2, I don't have much to add to the advice you've
already been given.  It is indeed the case that your initial parameter
values are giving a non-finite (i.e. Inf, -Inf, NA, or NaN) result
in the objective function.  It's always a good idea to test your
objective function outside of mle2() first.

  Ben Bolker