[R-sig-eco] Continuous distribution for zero or positive values (in GLM or GLMM)

Kyle Hernandez kmhernan at purdue.edu
Wed May 18 18:06:53 CEST 2011

You could use the bbmle package http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/bbmle/index.html

It allows you to use any distribution and very complex models; however, you can't use random effects.  It does require you to program in the distributions, and you will have to use likelihood tests to get a p-value.  But I have had high success with fitting zero-inflated data with this package.
Kyle