[R-sig-eco] Can Gravy's HOF Ignore NAs?

Jari Oksanen jari.oksanen at oulu.fi
Sat Mar 5 06:55:01 CET 2011

Michele,

The HOF functions of the (unreleased) gravy package cannot handle NA.

NAs indeed have different meaning than zeros. In case, you *should* have
zeros instead of NA. If you have recorded a species as missing, then it is
zero. NA means that you do not know if species is missing: it may occur on
your site or then not (begins to sound as a tricky as trying to say "is you
is or is you ain't my species").

Cheers, Jari Oksanen