[R-sig-eco] ordiplot questions

Chris Habeck habeck.cw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 02:54:11 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have two questions regarding the use of ordiplot{vegan} and envfit{vegan}.
 Hopefully someone can help.

First question:  I am trying to maximize the space used to project my sites
onto a graph of NMDS results by defining the xlim and ylim, but the axes
default to separate tick intervals (see attached figure).  How do I get the
intervals to behave?

Second question:  I would like to display the vector lines from my envfit
object, but not the variable labels.  Is this possible?

Below is the associated code used to produce the attached figure.

library(vegan)
rem.mds = metaMDS(rem.spp)
rem.ef <- envfit(rem.mds,
rem.env[,c(2,3,4,5,7,8,10:12,15:18,20,21,22,24,28)],na.rm = TRUE, permu =
999)
rem.ef

rem.plot = ordiplot(rem.mds, type = "none", display = "sites", xlim =
c(-0.7,0.7), ylim = c(-0.7,0.7))
points(rem.plot, "sites", pch=21, cex = 2, col="black", bg="white")
plot(rem.ef, p.max = 0.05, col = "red", cex = 1.2)