[R-sig-eco] How to form the similarity matrix of such kind of data?

Yong Zhang 2010202035 at njau.edu.cn
Thu Jan 13 13:01:53 CET 2011

Hello all,
Now, I have a dataset as follows:

MTMSTSCOCUCOWCUW
A01000000
B01000000
C11000000
D11100000
E10000000
F01000000
G10000000
H10000000

A/B/C......H are the code of fish species, M/TM/S.....CUM are the name of my sites, 0 means absence, and 1 means the species is present. According to these, how should I form the similarity matrix among those sites? And which kind of similarity index should I take ?  Is the Bray-Crutis similarity index is ok for me ?

Thanks very much for your suggestion and your time.

Yong

2011-01-13

Yong Zhang, Ph.D.
Lab of aquatic insects & stream ecology
Dept.of Entonology, Nanjing Agricultural University
Nanjing, 210095,China
Phone number:  (+86) -25-84395241
E-mail:2010202035 at njau.edu.cn