[R-sig-eco] MCMCglmm and power analysis

Nicholas Lewin-Koh nikko at hailmail.net
Sun Feb 27 07:37:58 CET 2011

Hi Krista,
You might look at posterior predictive p-values and Bayes factors,
However, you are mixing your metaphors so to speak. You can't really
talk about power in a Bayesian context, It really is a frequentest
concept dealing with classical error rates. You can think about how much
information from the data modifies the posterior, but that has more to
do with model identification. You really need to decide if you are
going to be a frequentist or a Bayesan.

Nicholas