[R-sig-eco] Nestedness analyses in Vegan

Ivailo ubuntero.9161 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 10:38:59 CET 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Ricardo Solar <rrsolar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi people;
>
> I'm thinking about a solution to show that a sample coming from 3 types of
> killing solutions are nested. However, when I tried to do this with
> nestedness function in Vegan I couldn't specify the groups. I guess it's
> impossible at all, so my question is: is there any other analysis where I
> can show this nestedness pattern?
>
> Att, RSolar

Dear Ricardo,

as you didn't specify your data structure (and that is important for
successfully performing a nestedness analysis), we have to guess it.
In in any case it should be entered as "community data" - i.e. site x
species incidence matrix. An interesting aspect of your question is
how you should organise the "community data" - will you have three
separate matrices and compare the nestedness metric among them or will
you combine these in one common matrix to study (common) species
that, but perhaps someone on the list might provide further insight...

Cheers,
Ivailo
--
UBUNTU: a person is a person through other persons.