[R-sig-eco] RDA vegan: correlation coefficient among environment variables, species axes and environmental axes results

Jari Oksanen jari.oksanen at oulu.fi
Mon Aug 29 19:11:02 CEST 2011

On 29/08/11 19:14 PM, "Oscar Galli" <ogalli at dinara.gub.uy> wrote:

> Hi, I'm doing the redundance analysis as a method of ordination between
> spawning of the species and environmental variables. Anyone know how I
> can do to get in the summary of the RDA the correlation coefficient
> among environment variables, species axes and environmental axes results
> estimates by RDA and the eigenvalues species-environment correlations?.

Oscar,

I'm not quite sure what all these are, but the following may give some of
the things you asked:

## make a reproducible example
library(vegan)
data(varespec)
data(varechem)
mod <- rda(varespec ~  Al + P + K, varechem)
## species--environment correlation
spenvcor(mod)
## "interset" correlation
intersetcor(mod)
## correlations among constraints (why?)
cor(model.frame(mod))

HTH,

Jari Oksanen