[R-sig-eco] The final result of TWINSPAN

Yong Zhang 2010202035 at njau.edu.cn
Thu Apr 14 09:37:52 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I conducted the two-way indicator species analysis using TWINSPAN program, and following is the final result:

                 000000000000000000000111
                 000000000001111111111011
                 011111111110000000111
                  01111111110000001001

I have to certify my analysis, I want to classify the above 24 sampling sites into 3 major groups based on 7 biotic metrics. The name of my 24 samples could be site1 to site24, from the left to the right, and I set the cut levels 0, 2, 5, 10, 20,  the maximum level of divisions: 6, and maximum group size for division:3 .

Now, my question is whether my setting is correct? And how should I classify these sites into 3 groups accoding to this final result?

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestion.

Kind wishes,

Yong

2011-04-14

ZHANG Yong
Lab of aquatic insects & stream ecology
Dept.of Entonology, Nanjing Agricultural University
Nanjing, 210095,China
Phone number:  (+86) -25-84395241
E-mail:2010202035 at njau.edu.cn