[R-sig-eco] zero-truncated Poisson

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 22:15:21 CEST 2011

On 04/08/2011 04:10 PM, Stratford, Jeffrey wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm attempting to run a zero-truncated Poisson using VGAM and I run into
> this error:
>
> Error in if ((temp <- sum(wz[, 1:M, drop = FALSE] < wzepsilon)))
> warning(paste(temp,  :
>   argument is not interpretable as logical
>
> Here's the code I'm using
>
> blja <- read.csv("g:\\blja\\blja.csv", header=T)
> library(VGAM)
> glm1 <- vglm(blja$taken ~ blja$mass + blja$year,family=pospoisson,
> data=blja)

  Just a *very* quick suggestion: try

glm1 <- vglm(taken ~ mass + year,family=pospoisson, data=blja)

 and see if that helps.

  Also try summary() on your data (and/or sapply(blja,class))
to see if your data types are what you think they are (hint: R
often converts numeric data to factors if it has glitches in it)

  If neither of those helps, could you use dput() to post your data (or
a subset thereof) in an easier-to-use format?