[R-sig-eco] Calc'ing McFadden’s R2 in R

Pekin, Burak K bpekin at purdue.edu
Sat Apr 2 06:55:48 CEST 2011

I have been wondering about the same thing recently. Is calculating an R2 useful for glms with poisson distribution useful? The standard glm summary outputs p-values and an AIC for the overall model, but there isnt anything that tells you how well the model explains the variation in the data. I assume there is a reason for this?
-Burak