[R-sig-eco] ordihull does not overlay hulls correctly

cristabel.duran at waldbau.uni-freiburg.de cristabel.duran at waldbau.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Sep 15 15:55:47 CEST 2010

Dear r-ecology members,

I am performing a NMDS ordination and I want to add hulls
with ordihull, to see which sites (vegetation plots)
belongs to a factor
of my environmental variable. For that I used:

plot(metaf, display="sites", choices = c(1,2))
ordihull(metaf, env$clus, lty = 2, col = "blue",
label=TRUE)
# metaf is my ordination object.
# env$clus is the factor

The hulls vertices coincides with plots.
BUT... when plotting metaf chossing axis c(1,3) or c(2,3),
the vertices do not fit with the plots.
The ordination space is plotted with sites but with the
hulls corresponding to the ordination plot with axis 1 and
2.

I thank you in advance, I have been looking for a solution
two days.
thanks!
Cristabel.

Cristabel Durán Rangel. PhD Student.
Institute of Silviculture. Faculty of Forest and
Environmental Sciences. University of Freiburg.
Germany
Telf: +49 (761) 203 8604 (ofc)

„Man lernt die Physiognomie einer Landschaft desto besser
kennen, je genauer man die einzelnen Züge auffaßt, sie
untereinander vergleicht und so auf dem Wege der Analysis
den Quellen der Genüsse nachgeht, die uns das große
Naturgemälde bietet.“
				Alexander von Humboldt, 1799