[R-sig-eco] NMDS vegan

John Jay Wiley Jr. jwileyjr at syr.edu
Wed Oct 27 16:31:15 CEST 2010

This is not necessarily an R method, but may be useful to some.

In Excel, one can quickly replace blank cells with a particular value (e.g., 0, NA) by the following method:

1) Select the data region
2) ctrl+g (Go To)
3) Click "special"
4) Select "blanks"
5) Click "OK" [All blanks will now be selected, and one blank will be the active cell]
6) Type "0" [or NA, etc.]
7) ctrl+enter [All selected blanks are now filled with 0's]

Cheers,
John J. Wiley, Jr.
PhD student
Dept. of Env. For. Bio.