[R-sig-eco] Contrasts for Adonis in Vegan

Emma Stone Emma.Stone at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Oct 13 12:38:33 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

Just wandered if anyone can help regards contrasts for   adonis in the
Vegan package.

I am running the following code for adonis

adonis(formula = resp ~ roostfact + impactfact + sppfact, data = alldata,
permutations = 999, method = "euclidean")

And would like to run a contrast on the impactfact which has three levels.

I have tried setting it up using the following code:

contrasts(impactfact)<-cbind(c(-1,0,1),c(0,-1,1))
contrasts(impactfact)

But I am not sure what to do next can anyone help at all?

Thanks

Emma

Emma Stone
Postgraduate Researcher