[R-sig-eco] Vector overlays on nmds ordination

Jari Oksanen jari.oksanen at oulu.fi
Tue Nov 2 20:15:19 CET 2010

On 2/11/10 19:34 PM, "Wade Wall" <wade.wall at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks all,
>
> That was exactly what I was looking for.

Wade,

Fine if you found what you were looking for. Please note that vegan envfit
function family also works with nmds result of labdsv. You do not need to
switch to metaMDS of vegan if you want to have vectors (and yes, you can
have either species or environmental variable vectors, but I recommend
wascores() for species). Labdsv compatibility is a vegan design goal:
incompatibility should be reported as a bug in vegan.

Cheers, Jari Oksanen