[R-sig-eco] Manova repeated measures

Nicholas Lewin-Koh nikko at hailmail.net
Fri May 14 17:06:07 CEST 2010

Hi,
Yep, you seem to have more behaviors than observations.
"Error in anova.mlm(object) : residuals have rank 70 < 72"
is the clue.

On top of that be aware that MANOVA has very strong assumptions about
the covariance structure. You may want to look into a mixed modeling
approach.

A solution is to look at your behaviors, which should be highly
correlated?
And try some dimension reduction techniques. eg Factor analysis or PCA
Then fit your anova model to the interesting components.

Nicholas