[R-sig-eco] plotting CCA results in vegan

L Quinn lquinn at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 10 18:33:29 CET 2010

Hello, I have two related questions:

1.) Is there a way to use ordipointlabel to jitter species names on a CCA plot AND get biplot arrows to be displayed as well? I tried

ordipointlabel(cca.inv,display=c("species","bp"))

But biplot arrows came out as points instead (see attached file).

2.) Can I combine the output of the above (assuming there's a way to do it) with ordihull, so that I have jittered species names, biplot arrows, and convex hulls around factor centroids all on the same figure??

A subset of my data is attached, and the model I'm using is this (with spp<-inv[22:37] and env<-inv[13:21]):

cca.inv<-cca(spp~LU+cond+pH+po4+no3,env)

Thank you in advance.

LQ