[R-sig-eco] Which statistical methods should I use?

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 15:29:05 CET 2010

Hi,

We're happy to try to help, but we really need either a specific R
question or a clearer statement of problem. For instance, I have
no idea what a NAO index is, or what its statistical properties might
be. You don't describe what kind of temperature and precipitation data
you have, or give a clear idea of just what you are trying to test.

R has good facilities for CCA. This article by Gonzalez et al. in the
Journal of Statistical Software might be of use:
http://www.jstatsoft.org/v23/i12/
along with the associated R package.

If you have questions about applying those methods after you
read the paper and the package help and work through the
examples, then please explain more clearly what you need so
that we can help you.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee