[R-sig-eco] Vegan fisher.alpha error

Jari Oksanen jari.oksanen at oulu.fi
Tue Jun 1 15:36:20 CEST 2010

On 1/06/10 15:20 PM, "Kang Min" <ngokangmin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an error with fisher.alpha from the vegan package.
>
>> fisher.alpha(data[[1]])
> Error in nlm(Dev.logseries, n.r = n.r, p = p, N = N, hessian =
> TRUE, ...) :
>  missing value in parameter
>
> I am trying to find fisher alpha for a list of 100 data frames, and I
> tried it on individual data frames in the list, which gave me the
> error above.
> I have every data frame in the same format as the example data BCI,
> species as column names and quadrats as row names.
>
> Can anyone explain what the error is about? Thanks a lot.

Dear Kang Min,

Didn't you ask this same question in R News, and didn't Ben Bolker tell you
how to report such cases. The problem is that this not reproducible so we
really cannot know what is the problem. However, there is one hint: the
error message says that you have missing values. Do you?

Cheers, jari oksanen