[R-sig-eco] GLM mixed model with quasibinomial family

Javier Martinez javi.martinez.lopez at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 18:07:44 CEST 2010

Thanks to all of you! I did know the e-mail by Bates, which is out of
my understanding, but I did not know the wiki on mixed models and the
manuscript by Bolker! My data are based on 2 temporal samples from 8
different sites. I use mixed models because I want to avoid
pseudo-replication including the grouping factor into my model and
thus looking for the trends within each group and not looking at the
data as if they were independent. The question is, can I really use a
mixed model if I only have two cases per group? At the end there are
16 cases in the regression plot but I am not sure if such a grouped
analysis is right!

Thank you again for your help!

Javier