[R-sig-eco] Effect size for factors in lm and glm

Manuel Spínola mspinola10 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 01:44:31 CEST 2010

Dear list members,

I really like the idea of presenting the effect size (point and interval
estimation) instead of P values, but I am wondering if there is any
package in R that calculate effect size from lm and glm when the
explanatory variables are factors.
I know that there is a package called "effects"  but when working with
factors the calculation and display is not for the effect size (the
difference between 2 levels of a factor a its confidence interval).
I am thinking in a calculation that take into consideration the
variance-covariance matrix.
Any hint on this.
Thank you very much in advance.
Best,

Manuel

--
Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.
Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre
mspinola at una.ac.cr
mspinola10 at gmail.com
Teléfono: (506) 2277-3598
Fax: (506) 2237-7036