[R-sig-eco] adehabitat - data projection

danik danielle.knip at jcu.edu.au
Fri Jan 29 00:12:27 CET 2010

I'm just starting to use adehabitat to do home range calculations, and I'm
wondering if there is a simple way to convert my xy coordinates (which are
in decimal degrees) to UTMs or kilometers. The demo(homerange) already has
their coordinates listed in kilometers, so I'm not quite sure how to get to
that step.

Another option would be to project my data. There is a package called
mapproj, but I also am not sure how that works. I usually work with GIS so R
is new to me. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.