[R-sig-eco] scatter plot of coordinates

Christian Parker cparker at pdx.edu
Wed Jan 27 15:48:34 CET 2010

Julia,

## Lets say that you read your data in and called it x
x<-read.csv("mydata.csv")
## and that dataset had 3 columns in it; date, lat and long
plot(lat~long,x)
## or
plot(x$lat~x$long)
## or
plot(x$long, x$lat)
## for more help with the plot function (additional arguments and the
like) enter
?plot

-Chris