[R-sig-eco] Time series and GLS

LisaB lisabaril at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 2 23:34:40 CET 2010

Thanks Kinsford.  I thought it would be appropriate.  As a follow up
question: My first thought is to set up the data file with three columns:
year, population (A,B), and nest success and then to input the following
formula: success.gls=gls(success~year*population).  This would allow me to
test for the effect of year for each population and then also test for
differences between the two populations.  My questions are 1) have I
specified the model right for those questions and 2) would the acf function
calculate the autocorrelation correctly even though my 'year' in the data
file is repeated twice (once for each value of nest success/population)?
Thanks. Lisa (hope all is well with you)