[R-sig-eco] Time series and GLS

LisaB lisabaril at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 1 22:44:09 CET 2010

Hello -

I need to analyze some time series data in an ANOVA framework, but am unsure
of how to go about it.  I have data on nest success (response) over a 22
year period for two populations.  For each year I have one value of nest
success per population.  I am interested in determining 1) whether there are
differences in nest success over time between these two populations and 2)
what are the trends for each population over time.  My thought is to use GLS
and model temporal autocorrelation if the acf function indicates this is an
issue, but since population is a categorical variable I'm unsure if this is
appropriate.  Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you. Lisa