[R-sig-eco] Change to the List

Hollister.Jeff at epamail.epa.gov Hollister.Jeff at epamail.epa.gov
Thu Feb 11 15:11:39 CET 2010

 All,

Just wanted to inform everyone on the list of a small change that I have
made this morning regarding how the list software handles posts from
non-members.   Initially these posts were held and Sara or myself would
read and approve these messages if appropriate.    We would also attempt
to search the member list to see if the post was from a current member
but with a different email address and in those cases the additional
email was added to "accepted" list.  As the list has grown (1258 members
as of this morning!) the number of these types of posts has increased
and it is getting to be a bit more difficult to manage.  As such, I have
changed the settings so that posts by non-members are rejected as
opposed to being held.  An email is sent back to the poster that
includes the reason for the rejection and a link to join the list.

If you are a member and receive one of these emails after posting,
please double check that the email you are posting from is the same as
the email you used to join the list (i.e. you joined using a work email
but are posting from a personal (e.g. gmail, yahoo, etc.) account).

If you have any questions or concerns about this change, feel free to
contact me.

Cheers,
Jeff

Dr. Jeffrey W. Hollister