[R-sig-eco] Low counts

Maarten de Groot Maarten.deGroot at nib.si
Tue Feb 2 08:06:46 CET 2010

Hi Tore,

How does your count distribution look like? Doe you have more zero's
than expected (use zero inflated models), no zero's (use zero truncated
models) or is there no problem with zero's? If it is the latter, it
might be useful to try the negative binomial models (glm.nb()). Zuur et
al (2009) gives a nice example that they still find a pattern in the
residuals with a quasi poison model but no pattern with a negative
binomial model.

Kind regards,

Maarten