[R-sig-eco] Help with nonlinear population trends & binomialregression

Aitor Gastón aitor.gaston at upm.es
Fri Dec 17 09:55:42 CET 2010

Matthew,

A more flexible model may be a better option than fitting two separate lines
(e.g. restricted cubic splines, rcs function of the rms package or a
generalized additive model, mgcv package).  A restricted cubic spline with 4
knots may be enough to model the response curve that  you describe.

Hope that helps,

Aitor