[R-sig-eco] Dissimilarity ranking

zhangjl zhangjl at ibcas.ac.cn
Fri Dec 10 13:56:48 CET 2010

Dear Yong Zhang
    If you have a "standard" community matrix as the following, you may try to use the function vegdist() in package vegan, to calculate the dissimilarity matrix between each pair of the "sites"
    The matrix is something like:
          sp1 sp2 sp3 sp4 sp5 sp6 sp7
  plot1   3   6   1   2   1   0   0
  plot2   8   0  30   0   0   0   0
  plot3   0   1   0   2   0   1   3

see ?vegdist for more information.
In addition, you can use package spaa, to convert the raw data to "standard" community matrix.
   Cheers,
   Jinlong

2010-12-10

Jinlong Zhang
Ph.D.Candidate
State Key Laboratory for Vegetation and Environmental Change,
Institute of Botany, The Chinese Academy of Sciences
Nanxincun 20,Xiangshan, Beijing 100093
E-mails:
zhangjl at ibcas.ac.cn
jinlongzhang01 at gmail.com