[R-sig-eco] Distinctiveness and contribdiv( )

Peter Solymos solymos at ualberta.ca
Wed Dec 1 19:35:58 CET 2010

Burak,
Not exactly clear what you want, but Lu et al. 2007 describes the
differentiation coefficient D that is the sum(beta)/sum(gamma) and can
be obtained as attributes(contribdiv(x))$diff.coef . Note also that
there is a link between diversity partitions and distance indices so
you might as well use the components from the contribution diversity
approach. Or is it something like irreplaceability in the reserve
selection literature you need?
Cheers,
Peter

Péter Sólymos
Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute
and Boreal Avian Modelling project
Department of Biological Sciences
CW 405, Biological Sciences Bldg
University of Alberta