[R-sig-eco] Warnings with Vegan radfit command

Jari Oksanen jari.oksanen at oulu.fi
Thu Aug 19 06:59:14 CEST 2010

On 19/08/10 01:07 AM, "Conrado Galdino" <galdinoc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks very much for your response Jari,
>
> Is good to know from you that there is nothing to worry. I'll surely check
> the plots. Taking the opportunity I also like to inform that in newer
> versions of the package (I was using 1.17-1) there are no warnings. After an
> advice from Mr. Marcus Cianciaruso I updated vegan and no warnings were
> shown.

No warnings? That's a surprise! I ran bleeding edge version of vegan (to be
released on Friday) and I got warnings. Perhaps there were so many warnings
that they were not printed individually? Honestly, warnings are commonplace
in radfit() since many of the models often work on the limit of their domain
and try to find coefficients that are close to zero or Infinity. Your case
was an example: the model tried to use a three-parameter exponential
equation draw a line.

Cheers, Jari Oksanen