[R-sig-eco] Warnings with Vegan radfit command

Jari Oksanen jari.oksanen at oulu.fi
Wed Aug 18 22:42:39 CEST 2010

On 18/08/10 21:19 PM, "Conrado Galdino" <galdinoc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody.
> I want to draw an abundance rank diagram but I'm getting some warnings
> (bellow) when I run the radfit() comand of vegan package. I'll be very
> grateful is someone can help me. I'm using the following data and commands:
>
> fevc=c(2,1,2,57,1,24,6,7,6,2,155,155,140)
>> rad=radfit(fevc)
> Houve 20 avisos (use warnings() para vê-los)

Conrado,

It seems that you tried to draw a straight line using the Mandelbrot model,
and this gave you one coefficient that was Inf and two that were of
magnitude 10^8. That's the warning. That's life, but no reason to worry.

You can see this by looking and plotting the results.

Cheers, Jari Oksanen