[R-sig-eco] negative F value in adonis()

Jari Oksanen jari.oksanen at oulu.fi
Tue Aug 10 08:25:11 CEST 2010

Adriano,

This seems to be a property of betadiver(..., index="sim"). I could confirm
this with the 'sipoo' data in vegan. Obviously the index is very nonmetric.
This also seems to happen with some other strongly non-metric indices, such
as Mountford index of vegdist(). We'll have a look at this: I don't know yet
if this is just like it should be or should we do something with this.

Cheers, Jari Oksanen