[R-sig-eco] vegan: envfit (vectorfit)

gabriel singer gabriel.singer at univie.ac.at
Tue Sep 15 19:14:37 CEST 2009

gavin and jari,

thanks, all makes sense.... I have to state that remembering the
discussion we had some weeks ago about fitting underlying (or
environmental) variables to a MDS ordination, that using vectorfit for
this purpose indeed would make sense for me, too. As long as before
choosing the representation as a vector (which would indeed suggest
linear behaviour over ordination space), a linear or at least monotonic
behaviour of the metric variable over ordination space is checked (e.g.
given using ordisurf).... or different opinions?

cheers, g

--
Dr. Gabriel Singer
Department of Freshwater Ecology - University of Vienna
gabriel.singer at univie.ac.at