[R-sig-eco] Rotations for PCoA?

Jan Hanspach jan.hanspach at ufz.de
Mon Oct 19 16:12:28 CEST 2009

Dear Sarah,
that sounds good to me, thanks!

Still, I have two more questions:

The variable fitting with vf() does only work when I "dummy-transform"
my categorical variables. Are the derived correlations then still
comparable to the Gower distance - PCoA scores where my categorical
variables where defined as such?

Is it reasonable to do more than the correlations with two axes with
vf(), i.e. after calculating the correlation for the first and the
second axis doing the same for the third and the forth? I guess this is
a very naive question, but shouldn't this work for the p-Values since
they are calculated with a permutation procedure?

Best
Jan

--
Jan Hanspach
Doktorand / Department Biozönoseforschung

Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ
Theodor-Lieser-Str. 4 / 06120 Halle (Saale) / Germany

jan.hanspach at ufz.de / http://www.ufz.de
phone +49 345 558 5307 / Fax +49 345 558 5329

Home: http://www.ufz.de/index.php?en=10434
Protected areas in Germany under climate change:
http://www.pik-potsdam.de/vme/schutzgebiete
http://www.pik-potsdam.de/infothek/klimawandel-und-schutzgebiete