[R-sig-eco] using two distance metrices in formula

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 17:21:44 CEST 2009

That doesn't make much sense to me. You'd need an entirely different method
than capscale.

Perhaps what you're looking for is more like multiple regression on distance
matrices (implemented in MRM in ecodist)?

     Lichstein, J. 2007. Multiple regression on distance matrices: A
     multivariate spatial analysis tool. Plant Ecology 188: 117-131.

     Legendre, P.; Lapointe, F. and Casgrain, P. 1994. Modeling brain
     evolution from behavior: A permutational regression approach.
     Evolution 48: 1487-1499.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee