[R-sig-eco] trouble with BiodiversityR:diversityresult function

Jari Oksanen jari.oksanen at oulu.fi
Mon Oct 12 19:54:48 CEST 2009

On 12/10/09 19:54 PM, "Roman Luštrik" <roman.lustrik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I have a felling this is a generic error but nonetheless, it has been
> bugging me extensively. If anyone can chip in, I would most appreciate.
>
> I'm trying to calculate expected species richness, following Kindt&Coe Tree
> diversity analysis from my dataset but I get the following error:
>
>> divjack <- diversityresult(PoCom, index="Jack.1")
> Error in round(result, digits = digits) :
>   Non-numeric argument to mathematical function

Roman,

I am not quite sure how BiodiversityR displays the results (I do not use it
regularly). However, when I look at its documentation, it looks to me like
it only would call specpool() of vegan and format the result. So if you go
to the script windown in BiodiversityR and type

 specpool(PoCom)

 and click "submit" you should get the result.

Cheers, Jari