[R-sig-eco] SIMPER analysis

Etienne Laliberté etiennelaliberte at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 20:40:28 CET 2009

I've never used SIMPER and don't remember the details of the analysis
(though like all other PRIMER methods I assume it takes the ranks of the
dissimilarities). However, I'm sure that canonical analysis of principal
coordinates (Anderson and Wills 2003, Ecology) would be useful here.
It's available in the PERMANOVA+ add-on to PRIMER v6. In R, it has been
implemented as capscale() in the vegan package, with some modifications.