[R-sig-eco] CCA/COI

mujeeb rahman mujeebrahmanp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:24:38 CET 2009

Hi
I extend my thanks to all of you for timely help to my previous
queries about PCA in ade4TkGUI. This helped much towards my learning
programme of R.
Moreover I also expect your valuable suggesions in following matters
too. As I am new to R (also to multivariate analysis..) I am facing
such problems.

First of all I elaborated about data set with me. I workign in soil
fauna biodiversity, the data contains soil fauna abundance data from
15 landuse systems each with four replicates (15*4=60 rows). During
this study 17 type of macrofauna were observed (17 columns)(60rows*17
columns). From this whole landuse we have information on 16 different
explantory variable-soil physicochemical and climatic factors(60 rows
* 16 columns). My queries are listed below.

1. to interpret the abundance of soil fauna which analysis is suitable
CCA of Co-Inertia analysis? While going through the literature of Dray
et al 2003, it make little confusion while selecting a suitable
analysis.

2. Which is the suitable document available for the interpretation CCA
or COI result?

Please pay attention through this mail, I am thankful to share your
valuable time in this matter.

Mujeeb Rahman P
Senior Research Fellow, Department of Entomology, Forest Health Division
Kerala Forest Research Institute
Peechi, Thrissur, Kerala
India - 680653