[R-sig-eco] Possion model for paired data

Peter Solymos solymos at ualberta.ca
Fri Mar 6 17:13:54 CET 2009

Hi Manuel,

I would suggest to use the signed difference. This will be Skellam
distribution with expected value mu1-mu2 (means of the two Poisson
distr) and variance mu1+mu2. The skellam and vglm functions in the
VGAM package can be used for a likelihood ratio test for equal means
(see example(skellam)). Please let me know if this works, because I
haven't tried yet.

Péter

Péter

Péter Sólymos, PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2G1
Canada
email <- paste("solymos", "ualberta.ca", sep = "@")