[R-sig-eco] comparing results of varpart

mgavil2 mgavil2 at tigers.lsu.edu
Mon Jun 8 16:43:43 CEST 2009

Hi all....

I am working in some variation partiting analysis using two different
sets of predictive matrices but with the same set of explanatory
variables. As expected I end up getting the results for % variation
explained by [E], [S], [E+S] and unexplained variation.

The results I get for both predictive matrices are different, but I
wish to statistically compare this, and determine whether the
fractions of [E] and [S] are significantly different for each
predictive matrix, so
% variation explained by [E] in predictive matrix 1 is or is not
statistically different from % variation explained by [E] in
predictive matrix 2
and
% variation explained by [S] in predictive matrix 1 is or is not
statistically different from % variation explained by [S] in
predictive matrix 2

Can anyone help me with an idea as to how to get about this?

Thanks!

Maria Mercedes Gavilanez
Department of Biological Sciences
107 Life Sciences Building